Who doesn’t love brioche? The secret ingredient to this delicious thick French toast is maple syrup. Adding just two tablespoons of maple to the batter really brings out its flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings, 8 slices
1 loaf Brioche, Sliced
2 ½ tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
2 ½ tbsp Flour, All-Purpose
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ cup Butter, Unsalted
Method of Preparation
- Preheat griddle to 325°F and your Wolf Oven L, E, or M series oven to 350°F Convection. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together eggs, cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Divide batter among eight saucers. Place one slice of bread into each saucer and soak for about two minutes on each side, until absorbed without soggy texture all the way through.
- While the bread is soaking, melt butter on your Wolf Range.
- Brush butter on griddle surface and cook French toast for 2 or 3 minutes on first side, until golden brown. Flip toast over, cook second side for about 2 minutes.
- Once French toast is cooked, place on sheet tray into the oven for 6 minutes.
- Serve with butter and drizzle with maple syrup.