The Wolf Convection Steam Oven is so versatile that you can make bagels without a pot of boiling water! Try out this recipe and customize it with your favorite toppings, or even use it as the perfect base to your breakfast sandwiches.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
YIELD: 16 servings
1 ½ cups water (90-100°F)
2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the Wolf Convection Steam Oven to 210° on the Steam Mode.
2. Add water, yeast, and sugar to the bowl of stand mixer and allow it to bloom. This should take 5-7 minutes and should appear foamy.
3. Once foamy, add the flour and salt to the bowl and using the hook attachment, slowly mix until all is incorporated.
4. Turn it up to medium speed and continue to mix for about 7 minutes until it becomes a smooth and elastic dough. Add flour 1 teaspoon at a time if dough is sticky.
5. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, and proof in the Convection Steam Oven at 100F for 30 minutes.
6. Once doubled in size, punch the dough down and turn onto an un-floured work surface.
7. Roll the dough into a log, about 16 inches, cut 8 pieces and then divide those pieces into 2, making a total of 16 pieces.
8. Roll out each piece into a ball, cupping in hand and rolling it around.
9. When formed, press your thumb down the center and gently make a hole and lightly stretch out to have 2 inches in diameter (as the hole will shrink in size as it cooks).
10. Place the bagels on the Convection Steam Oven tray and steam for 6-7 minutes.
11. Remove and set aside.
12. Switch modes to Convection on the Convection Steam Oven, set at 430°. Once preheated, lightly brush the egg wash over the bagels and enter them into the oven. Add any other desired toppings at this point. Cook for 12 minutes until golden in color.
13. Remove finished bagels and place on a wire rack to cool down.
14. Enjoy these bagels by themselves, with some cream cheese, or as the ultimate breakfast sandwich.