Colorful and creamy, cheesy corn casserole with bacon, chives, bell pepper and jalapeño.
- 3 strips Applewood Smoked bacon- ½” strips
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 4 Tbsp. chopped bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 4 ears of corn – shucked, silk removed and kernels cut off ear
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a bowl mix together mayonnaise, condensed milk, lime zest, lime juice and salt & pepper.
Render the bacon over medium heat until crisp (6-8 minutes) and remove from pan. In the remaining bacon fat, sauté the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno for about 3 minutes. Add the corn to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the mayonnaise mixture and cook for another minute. Add half of the shredded mozzarella and stir until nicely melted, check seasoning.
Transfer the corn mixture to a small casserole dish and top with the remaining mozzarella.
Set oven to convection broil level 1 (550 F°) and place dish on the second-tier rack.
Broil for 2 minutes until cheese is lightly browned. Top with bacon and chives.