This recipe uses many common household ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Great served a la mode but it can also be served on top of pancakes or waffles! And with National Rum Day around the corner, now is a great time to try it!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 8 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 ½ tablespoons dark rum
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- vanilla ice cream for serving
Method of Preparation
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium high heat on your Wolf Cooktop or Range and melt butter.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to the pan.
- When mixture begins to bubble remove from heat.
- Place bananas and walnuts in pan and stir to mix.
- To flambé, make sure the pan is off the burner, carefully stir in the rum then use a long match or grill lighter to ignite it. Have a lid handy in case you need to extinguish the flames.
- Once flames burn out, place pan back on your Wolf Cook Top or Range on medium heat.
- Cook until bananas are hot, which will be an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot with ice cream and enjoy!
If you’re skeptical about flambéing, you can accomplish this dish by not igniting the rum but allowing the alcohol to slowly cook out over low to medium heat.