These baked beans are a great side to any meal, and even an amazing appetizer dip when served with bread or pita chips!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 4-6 Servings
30 Oz Canned Cannellini Beans
1 Large Shallot
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
½ Cup White Wine
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
¼ Cup Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese
Salt and Pepper To Taste
1. Preheat your Wolf Oven to 325° on the Convection Mode.
2. Rinse off the cannellini beans until the water runs clear.
3. Thinly slice the shallot and garlic.
4. In a cast iron skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat and add the shallot and garlic. Once the shallots start to become translucent, add the cannellini beans, thyme, tomato paste, and white wine. Gently stir to avoid breaking the beans apart, while fully incorporating the tomato paste.
5. Once the white wine has evaporated, add one tablespoon of parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Smooth out the beans in the cast iron skillet, and top with the remaining parmesan cheese and the mozzarella cheese.