Yes, you read it right… it’s Bacon Cheddar Popcorn! This is one way to jazz up your family movie night popcorn! This recipe makes a large batch, but can easily halved for a family of four.
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- ½ lb. bacon (reserve 3 tbsp. of bacon fat)
- 3 tbsp. of canola oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese powder
- Lay bacon on a parchment-lined sheet tray and cook in your Wolf Oven on Convection mode at 375F for 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove from tray and place on a paper towel-lined plate to pick up any excess bacon fat. Reserve 3 tbsp. of excess bacon fat for later use.
- In a large pot, heat up canola oil and bacon fat. Once heated, place popcorn inside and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake pot back and forth until popping slows down. This process helps bring un-popped kernels to the bottom to cook and popped popcorn to the top so they do not burn.
- Remove popcorn from pot and place in a large mixing bowl and toss with cheddar cheese powder and salt.
- Dice up bacon and toss with popcorn and enjoy!