This incredible, crusty artisan bread will have a first-time baker look like a professional. Using the Auto Steam Bake mode on the convection steam oven will make people never believe it came out of your oven! The best part is that it is just four simple ingredients.
- 4 ¼ cups Bread flour (All-purpose flour can be used as well)
- 1 ½ cups Warm water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Instant yeast
- Dissolve yeast in water and whisk until incorporated. The yeast will be activated when the mixture becomes frothy.
- Using a mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the water-yeast mixture and remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix on medium low speed until a dough-like consistency. Cover for 10 minutes with a damp towel.
- Mix on medium low speed for five minutes. Drizzle canola oil into a medium bowl and place dough in center. Cover with a damp towel.
- Allow dough to proof and rise for about an hour. A warming drawer can be used as a proofing center to quicken the process.
- Dust the dough with a pinch of flour and gently stretch the surface of the dough around to the bottom of all four sides. Create an oval shape and place in a porcelain convection steam oven pan lined with light floured parchment paper.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and proof for another fifteen minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top of the dough with an “X” marking two inches deep.
- Place in Convection Steam Oven on Auto Steam Bake Mode. (*TIP*)
- Serve warm. If dough becomes stale in the next few days after baking, place in oven on Reheat Mode at
(*TIP*) Auto Steam Bake Mode is found in the Gourmet settings: press baked goods, bread (1), no preheat required and press enter. The temperature is set to 410°F for forty minutes.