Aromatic Rice in Convection Steam Oven
Making rice in your Convection Steam Oven is a breeze. There is no need to keep that bulky rice cooker on the counter top, which takes up valuable space. You can bulk this recipe up to 12 cups if using 4 solid CSO trays! We also like to add aromatics into our rice as it’s cooking - this adds an amazing subtle flavor to your rice that will impress your family and friends!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: Depends on Kind of Rice
YIELD: 2 servings
- 1 cup of rice
- ½ the water ratio (read instructions)
- Aromatics of your choice
- Bay Leaves
- Citrus peels (orange, lemon, limes etc)
- Kefir Lime Leaves
- Sliced Ginger
- Star Anise
Method of Preparation
- The first step is to add your rice into the solid Convection Steam Oven tray. You want to make sure that the rice is as flat as possible. We usually rinse rice under cold water to remove excess starch. You can fit up to three cups of rice in each solid CSO tray.
- Once the rice is in CSO tray, add water. Whatever the water ratio is on a cooktop, you want to cut that water ratio in half. The other half is coming from the steam oven itself. For example, jasmine rice water ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1 ½ cups water. However, in the steam oven, use 1 cup of rice to ¾ cups of water. This works with any rice or grain.
- Steam in your Convection Steam Oven rice at 210 until done. The timing will be about the same time as a cook top.
Chef Tip: Made too much rice? Not a problem! Fried rice is an easy dish to make for dinner the following day.