Any day is a good day for apple pie, right? To most people, apple pie is not just a fall or Thanksgiving dessert, it should be enjoyed all throughout the year!
Serving Size: 8 each (2 bars per serving)
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- ½ stick Butter, unsalted and chilled
- 3 lbs Honey crisp apples, diced
- ½ cup White sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp All spice
- Pinch Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter, salted
- ¼ cup Water
- Crumble Topping
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Old-fashioned oatmeal
- ¼ lb (1 stick) Butter, unsalted, cold, diced
- To make the shortbread: Preheat oven to 325°F and pam spray a 9×9 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper on bottom.
- Using biscuit method in a bowl, knead butter into dry ingredients until dough forms.
- Press dough into bottom of baking dish. Set aside.
- To make the filling and crumble: In a medium-sized bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Toss diced apples in with the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pot.
- Add water and remaining ingredients to pot.
- Cook the apples for about 15-20 minutes over medium low heat or until soften.
- Immersion blend apple filling, some apple still visible.
- Pour on top of shortbread dough in prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Mix crumble topping ingredients together and place on top of apple filling.
- Bake for about an hour and cool on cooling rack.
- Once cooled, place on a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut off edges.
- Cut into 16 squares (or any preferred size) and serve at room temperature.