Angel Food Cake
This is a fool-proof, simple recipe that every person loves! An angel food cake has a fluffy and light texture with just the perfect amount of sweetness added.
PREP TIME: 12-15 minutes
COOK TIME: 40-45 minutes
YIELD: 12-14 Servings (1 Serving: ¾-1 inch thick slice)
- 9 ea. egg whites, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar, granulated
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp salt
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your M-Series Oven using Angel Gourmet Setting. Pam spray a 10-inch fluted cake or Bundt pan and gently flour edges of pan.
- Using parchment paper or a medium-sized bowl, sift together ½ cup sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add egg whites and extracts to a mixing bowl with a fitted whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, or until foamy-like texture. Gradually add remaining sugar to egg whites while beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in flour mixture until combined using a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Place in oven for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly brown and dry.
- Invert pan and let cake cool for about an hour before using a knife around edges to remove cake.
- This can be served with whipped cream and berries on top, garnished with sifted powdered sugar!
*Chef Tip* Finding Angel Gourmet Setting: Gourmet→Baked Goods→Cake→Angel