Sub-Zero: Your Best Investment – Part 5
Everything You Need to Know About Sub-Zero Connected Smart Appliances
In our last installment of Clarke’s “Sub-Zero: Your Best Investment” series, we’re doing a deep dive into smart technology. You’re smart to invest in Sub-Zero appliances, but did you realize the newest Sub-Zero technology means your refrigerator, freezer and wine storage are smart too? Continuing its leadership in the appliance industry, Sub-Zero now offers a free Sub-Zero Group Owner App that offers extra peace of mind by allowing you to monitor and control your Sub-Zero appliances from your smart phone or tablet.
Why do I need a “Smart” Refrigerator?
There are many ways that a “Connected Sub-Zero” appliance can make your life easy. Here are just a few…
- Imagine you are out shopping for an evening dinner party and realize you didn’t set your ice maker to “Max Ice” mode to boost production…no problem when your Sub-Zero freezer is on your phone app! You can change the setting hours before you would return home and know that the cocktails will be cold all evening.
- Perhaps you are on a ski vacation and your freezer door was left slightly open. You’re 200 (or 2,000) miles away and you don’t want your frozen food to spoil and leak all over the hardwood floor! No problem, with your Sub-Zero App, you’ll get a notification about the door on your phone in time to call a neighbor and ask them to stop by and close that door before any damage is done.
- Would you like your Sub-Zero to cycle less often when you are away from home? You can set a long-term or short-term “Vacation Mode” for the period you are on vacation or away from a second home. If you forget to set it before you leave, you can engage this mode from your Sub-Zero app.
- With a connected Sub-Zero, you’ll also be reminded (via the app) when it’s time to replace your water or pure air filters. This helps to keep your appliance in perfect working order
While we are only referring to Sub-Zero appliances here, the Sub-Zero Group Owner App offers similar benefits to a wide array of Wolf and Cove appliances as well.
What are the other ways the Sub-Zero Group Owner App can make my life easier?
Alerts and status updates ensure your appliances perform at their very best. In the event of a problem, Clarke Customer Care can often diagnose and resolve issues from afar, reducing service visits.
Streamline everyday tasks with the help of remote controls, voice commands, automatic filter and detergent replacements, and routine maintenance notifications. As Sub-Zero expands its list of partner integrations, you may also enjoy the ease of controlling your appliances through a single home automation system and consider linking them to Alexa- or Google Assistant voice-activated devices.
Access to Resources
Get the most out of your appliances with rich in-app resources right at your fingertips. Discover cooking modes and when best to use them, quickly access Use & Care manuals and receive simple cleaning and maintenance tips.
Can I connect any Sub-Zero model to the Sub-Zero Group Owner App?
At this time there are more than 70 models of Sub-Zero Refrigerators, Freezers and Wine Storage that are designed to be Connect Ready. Sub-Zero’s Connect Ready models are WI-FI enabled and simple to connect with the Sub-Zero Group Owner App. These include Classic and Designer Models, Refrigerator Drawers and more.
If you do not own one of these, there are additional options to make your Sub-Zero appliances “smarter.” If you have one of the Sub-Zero Connect Capable models, these can be retrofitted with a combination of a new control board, a connected module, and new software, to connect to the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App to control some functions of the product. If your model is neither Connect Ready nor Connect Capable, you may be able to use a Connected Module. This is a device that allows an appliance that is not Connect Capable to be connected. This small electronic device is used to transmit and/or receive wireless signals between two devices, in this case an appliance and either a phone computer or electronic tablet.
How do I get started?
- Download the free app from your app store. The app requires iPhone 6 or newer, running iOS 9 or higher, or an Android phone running 4.3 or higher.
- Create a Sub-Zero account or simply log-in to your current account.
- Stand within a few feet of your appliance, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device and press the plus (+) in the upper right corner of the app. At this point, on-screen instructions should appear on your device.
- Follow the instructions in your app to pair your appliance to your account and connect to your home wi-fi network.
- Register your appliance.
- Enjoy the benefits of monitoring your appliances remotely.
Clarke’s Showroom Team is here to answer all of your questions!
Home connectivity is a complicated topic and we are happy to help you sort it out. Feel free to call us at 800-842-5275 or schedule an appointment to visit one of our showrooms virtually or in-person so that we can show you how you can enjoy the convenience of a “connected” Sub-Zero life.