Clarke and Smith & Wollensky’s Self-Quarantine Video Series comes to an end this week with our final installment. Chef Matt King is back at the Clarke Showroom at 7 Tide in Boston Seaport putting his own spin on a popular dish that brings him back to his days at culinary school. Here’s his Spam Fried Rice!
1 Cup Jasmine Rice
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
8 oz Spam Diced
1 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
2 Tbsp Minced Pickled Ginger
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
¼ Cup Soy Sauce
1 tsp Siracha
1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
¼ Cup Scallions
- Cook the rice and allow to cool.
- Heat the sesame and vegetable oil in a wok.
- Brown the spam, Add the ginger and garlic.
- Add the siracha, and hoisin.
- Add rice, peas and carrots, and season with soy sauce.
- Finish With Scallions and a poached egg
Check out our previous recipes!