Every day when customers come into Clarke – New England’s Official Sub-Zero & Wolf Showroom and Test Kitchen – we get questions like these about Wolf’s Convection Ovens:
- “Why is convection cooking better?”
- “How does convection cooking work?”
- “Is convection cooking faster?”
- “Why is convection baking energy efficient?”
So here are five reasons why using a Wolf Convection Oven will change your kitchen in a dramatic way and save you time and energy.
1. All Wolf wall ovens are convection ovens, as well as the electric oven found in the Wolf Dual Fuel Range. This means they cook by using fans in the back of the oven to circulate warm air around the food. You can bake three racks of food in your Wolf Convection Oven, which is a big timesaver. However, with Wolf you can also bake two entirely different types of food at the same time (for instance, bake cookies and shrimp at the same time) and you will never have any flavor transfer. We recently did the “garlic and cookies test” once again for a video shoot. The chocolate chip cookies were delicious and you never would have guessed there had been cloves of garlic only inches away in the oven at the very same time. This is due to Wolf’s exclusive dual convection fans, which rotate in opposite directions, and the catalyzer, which act together to prevent the flavor transfer. This makes baking a dinner entree and a dessert at the same time a very real option. You’ll save time and energy, which we all know means money savings in the end as well.
2. With your Wolf Convection Oven, you’ll generally reduce the baking temperature by 25 degrees, and your food will cook more evenly, saving you both time and energy.
3. With a Wolf Convection Oven, two fans and four heating elements operate either simultaneously or in a sequence, depending on which of the ten cooking modes you select. This means this oven is engineered to treat each item you bake or meal you make in a very special way for optimum results. This is the most effective way to maintain consistent heat in an oven cavity, which means you will never have to rotate pans or worry about hot spots in your oven.
4. When you use the Baking Stone accessory, your Wolf Convection Oven will perform much like a professional brick oven, resulting in perfectly crisp pizza crust and delicious breads that are crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside.
5. The Wolf Convection Oven also comes with an electronic temperature probe, which you plug inside the oven and place in the item you are cooking. The probe stays inside the oven for the duration of your cooking time. This monitors the doneness by measuring the internal temperature of food without the need to open the oven door or cut into your food to check. Simply look at the oven control panel, which will clearly display the food’s internal temperature and you will know exactly when your food is done to perfection, at which time you should remove your food from the oven.
These are just five performance reasons to consider a Wolf Convection Oven. There are plenty of others that we can show you on your visit to a Clarke showroom.
You are welcome to stop by during showroom hours or make an appointment to have a Clarke consultant dedicated to your visit to ensure you will have undivided attention and get the answers to all of your questions.