Wolf Gourmet Multi-Function Cooker Braised Short Rib Ragu
Let the Wolf Gourmet Multi-Function Cooker make your dinners effortless. We chose short rib for our ragu, but you can substitute other cuts of beef, pork, and even chicken!
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 3.5-4.5 hours
YIELD: 6-8 servings
- 2-3 pounds bone in short rib
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 pound diced mushroom
- 1 pound pearl onions
- 1 – 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: parmesan cheese rind
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your Wolf Gourmet Multi-Function Cooker to Sauté/Sear High.
- Pat the short rib dry and remove the silver skin covering the surface of the meat on the bone side. This will not braise down and shred, so I find it easier to remove before cooking. Season the short rib with salt and pepper.
- Prepare your vegetables by shredding the carrots, washing and dicing the mushrooms, and by removing the outer paper skin of the pearl onions.
- Once your Wolf Gourmet Multi-Function Cooker beeps to let you know it is preheated, add the olive oil and sear all sides of the short rib.
- Once seared, adjust the mode to Manual Low. Add the vegetables, wine, canned tomatoes, and bay leaves. You can also add a piece of parmesan rind at this point if you would like.
- Let braise for about 3.5-4.5 hours, or until the meat is tender and ready to shred.
- Remove the beef and let cool for 5-10 minutes before shredding. Using a ladle, skim the top of the sauce to remove the oil.
- Once the meat is shredded, slowly add the sauce it was cooked into the beef until the ragu has reached your desired consistency.
- Serve over pasta, egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.