Try this Thai Poached Salmon with Quinoa!
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups water
- 1 8” stalk of lemon grass chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- Vegetable Stock
- 1 small package baby kale or spinach (3 cups)
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 pounds salmon, cut into 4 equal filets (or kept whole)
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Place salmon into a shallow dish. Combine marinade ingredients and pour over salmon. Allow to marinate for up to 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut, water, lemon grass and 2 tablespoons of ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes. Then let it steep for another 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into measuring cup and add enough vegetable stock to make 1 ½ cups of liquid
- In a shallow baking dish or sheet tray, combine quinoa and the 1 ½ cups of water/stock mixture. Place directly into your Convection Steam Oven (no need to pre-heat!) and select Steam mode 210◦. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from CSO (do not turn oven off) pile kale or spinach on top of quinoa, making a little bed for the salmon. Place salmon onto greens, pouring on remaining marinade as well. Return pan to oven and insert temperature probe. Set internal temperature to 135◦. Decrease oven temperature to 190◦. During this time preheat your Convection oven to Convection Broil on setting 1.
- Once the fish reaches 135◦ degrees remove and drizzle with olive oil or vegetable oil and place under pre-heated broiler for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy!