This recipe is a great use for left-over vegetables
- 5 Bell Peppers
- (3/4) Cup of Vegetables
- (1/4) cup of Onion
- (1/2) cup Mushroom
- (1/2) cup of Asparagus
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 lbs of Ground Turkey
- (1/4) cup or Parsley
- (3/4) cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3-4 tablespoons of butter
- Slice off tops of peppers, just enough to remove the stem. Pull out membrane and seeds, discard.
- Place vegetables, onion, mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until ingredients are coarsely chopped.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, add turkey and brown, stirring and breaking up meat into small pieces with spatula or spoon. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drizzle saute pan with olive oil, add chopped vegetables, and saute over medium heat until softened. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine vegetables with the ground turkey. Add cheese, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter, combine with bread crumbs and lightly toast mixture until golden brown.
- Place mixture into prepared peppers.
- Place peppers into a casserole dish and top with toasted breadcrumbs.
- Place peppers into the Convection Steam Oven and select “convection Steam” mode. Adjust temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes then select mode to discontinue steam. Continue to bake for 20-25 minutes until peppers are soft and breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve with cheese sauce and enjoy.