This salad feeds a crowd! It is not only kind to your waist line but also to your wallet! You can also make this salad a day in advance.
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/3 cup olive oil
For the Salad:
- 6 stalks/1 small bunch of kale, about 5 cups, wash, stems removed and chopped
- 5-6 green onions, whites removed, and chopped
- 1 handful, about 1 cup, chopped cilantro
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 14oz can chickpeas
- 1 14oz can cannellini beans
- 1 14oz can pinto or navy beans
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring up. In a large bowl combine kale, green onions and cilantro. Drizzle on dressing and allow the kale, cilantro and green onions to sit in the dressing. This process acts as a “tenderizer” for the kale.
- Meanwhile, make quinoa according to package directions, using stock in place of water. Once the quinoa is cool, add to the kale mixture along with red bell pepper and beans.
- Toss to combine and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!