Today, Chef Brittany Williams shows us how to create the ultimate French Toast
- 1 loaf brioche bread (or any kind of hearty bread)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds removed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 block cream cheese, cut into ½” cubes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to Convection 325°
- Cube bread into 1” pieces and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place in oven and allow to “dry out” for about 5 minutes, remove and cool slightly
- Whisk half and half, milk, juice, honey, zest, vanilla bean, and cardamom until combined.
- Place bread into a 9×13 baking dish and pour egg mixture over. Distribute cream cheese pieces evenly all over top.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to Convection 350°
- Remove foil and sprinkle cranberries evenly on top. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle on top and serve immediately.