Here at the Clarke test kitchen, we have been working to perfect the “perfect” wing recipe. If you love crispy, tender, juicy and full flavor wings without having to haul out the fryer, this recipe is for you!
- 3 pounds (about 36 wings) of chicken wings with wing tips removed.
- For The Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of buffalo sauce
- 1 clove of garlic Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper flake
- Dash of tobasco sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- For the Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- Dash of Worchestershire sauce
- 6OZ Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place wings onto a large baking tray and place in the Convection Steam Oven (CSO). Steam on “Steam” mode 180° for 10 minutes. (***You can also do this step in a cook top using a basket steamer if you wish)
- Remove, cool slightly and pat dry. Transfer to a clean baking sheet or on a cooking rack and place into the refrigerator for up to 40 minutes. (***You can do this a day in advance but make sure you gently cover the wings with plastic wrap after 40 minutes. If you cover them too soon, condensation will form and all the moisture you “patted” dry will return.)
- Meanwhile, make blue cheese dressing by mixing all ingredients together until bended. Season to taste and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pre-heat CSO to “Convection” mode 435°
- For the buffalo sauce, combine all ingredients into a small sauce pan and heat over medium/ medium-low heat until butter is melted and sauce is hot.
- Once wings are chilled, place into pre-heated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the meat begins to pull away from the bone and they are crunchy and golden brown.
- Transfer to a bowl, add desired amount of sauce, toss and serve immediately with dressing and celery sticks! Enjoy!