Jane’s Crispy Rice Cakes with Spicy Lobster
Visit the Boston Showroom and you might meet with Jane when touring the showroom. However, Jane wears many hats at Clarke including that of chef. Try out her Crispy Rice Cakes with Spicy Lobster for a fun twist on sushi!
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 12 servings
- 1C Japanese Sushi Rice
- 1.5C Water
- 1.5T Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4T Oil – for frying
- 1/4C Cornstarch
- 1 1 ¼ lb. Lobster
- 1/3C Mayonnaise
- 1t Sriracha
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4C Toasted Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2T Fine Diced Cucumber
Method of Preparation
- Rinse rice well. Add rice and water to pan. Bring to boil over med/high heat on your Wolf cooktop. Cover, reduce heat to med/low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and leave cover on for 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and mix in vinegar.
- Line a tray with cling wrap and transfer rice to tray . Level and flatten rice to about a ½” depth. Cover and put in refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- When ready to use- cut in squares or circles about 2” in diameter. Dust with cornstarch and pan fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Rest on cooling rack to keep crispy.
- Steam lobster in preheated Wolf Convection Steam Oven on steam setting for 10 minutes. Clean lobster and chop lobster meat into small pieces. Mix with mayonnaise, sriracha and lemon zest. Place mixture in pan and broil for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of lobster meat onto each cake and sprinkle with panko and cucumber. Makes 12.