A perfect summer recipe!
- 8, ½“ slices of watermelon (about 5 pounds) (makes 4 Salads)
- 8-10oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/2” slices (or same thickness of watermelon)
- 4-6 slices prosciutto (about 4 oz)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic reduction
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat char-broiler on high for 5-10 minutes, until very hot
- Meanwhile, using a biscuit cutter or a cookie cutter of choice cut out 8 slices of watermelon, about ½” thick set aside
- Slice mozzarella cheese into same thickness as watermelon
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add prosciutto and cook until crisp (no need for nay oil) cool on paper towel.
- Once grill is pre-heated, add watermelon. Cook about 1 minute or until grill marks appear, flip and repeat on other side.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly
- To assemble salads; layer a slice of mozzarella cheese, basil leaf and prosciutto in between 2 slices of watermelon
- Drizzle with EVOO, balsamic reduction and season to taste with salt and pepper, Enjoy!