Orange, Grapefruit, Lemons, and mustard will really make your chicken stand out!
…”This is a great summer time recipe that will kick that ‘usual grilled chicken’ up a notch” – Chef Brittany Williams
For the Marinade:
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 lemons
- 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup or a small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 6-8 chicken breasts
For the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- a splash or 2 of white wine (optional)
- Pre-heat char broiler or outdoor grill to medium-high
- Half citrus and lightly drizzle with vegetable oil and season with a pinch of salt. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and cool.
- Prepare marinade; combine juice of half the orange, half the grapefruit and 1 of the lemons with remaining ingredients. Add chicken and allow to marinate at in the refrigerator for least 4 or over night.
- Juice the remaining fruit and place in a small sauce pan with sugar, water and wine. Simmer over medium heat until reduced and thickened, about 20-30 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to Convection Roast mode 325°
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling. Grill breast for 2-3 minutes on each side, just long enough to get a great sear and that great grill flavor! You can continue to grill on indirect heat or you can place the chicken onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until the internal temperature of the chicken has reach 165°. Once the chicken is done, brush with the glaze and enjoy!