- 3 28oz cans whole, peeled tomatoes, preferable san manzaro, drained
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 6 small carrots, peeled and roughly chopped into 1” pieces
- 2/3 cup white wine¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Basil Oil Ingredients:
1 bunch basil
1 cup olive oil
Preheat Wolf Oven to Convection Roast 400°
In a large baking dish, combine the whole tomatoes, garlic, onion, carrots, white wine, olive oil and fresh basil. Toss to incorporate.
Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
Remove and allow to cool slightly. Place the roasted tomato mixture into a blender, doing three batches, and blend until smooth. Place into a large soup pot and add crushed tomatoes, stock and cream, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, but do not boil. (Boiling may cause the soup to separate.) To make Basil Oil, place basil and oil into blender and blend until smooth and bright green. Drizzle over soup and enjoy!