Chicken Piccata is a staple in the Northeast and it’s also quick, simple, and fast! This recipe creates perfectly tender chicken that’s accompanied by a luxurious sweet and tangy lemon sauce. It’s a great recipe for a weeknight meal for the family, while also being impressive enough to make on the weekend for guests.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 2 pounds of thinly sliced, skinless, boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of gnocchi
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- The first step is to season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Then take a large pot and fill it with salted water and place on your Wolf Cooktop or Range on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Next, make the mixture needed to dredge1 the chicken by mixing the all-purpose flour, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large dish or bowl. The bowl should be large enough to lay chicken cutlets flat in order to dredge properly and evenly.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture making sure to shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat on your Wolf Cooktop or Range, melt 2 ½ tablespoons of butter with 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil.
- Once butter and oil start to sizzle, add the chicken a few pieces at a time making sure to keep space between each piece to prevent the chicken from steaming, which won’t allow that delicious golden crust to develop.
- When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side. (about 4 minutes a side)
- Remove chicken once cooked and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat this process until all of the chicken is cooked adding butter and oil as needed.
- Next, add the gnocchi into the boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the gnocchi packaging.
- In the same pan you cooked the chicken in, add the lemon juice, stock, broccoli and capers and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Mix water and corn starch in a small bowl until combined and add into pan while whisking to thicken sauce.
- Once thickened return all the chicken back to the pan along with gnocchi and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfers onto a serving platter and garnish with parsley.
- To dredge is to lightly coat the food item with a dry ingredient such as flour or cornmeal.