Roasted beets are not only healthy but add a little something special to your favorite dish.
- 4-6 medium beets, washed and stems removed*
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place beets onto a steam tray or small baking dish and place into Convection Steam oven.
- Select “steam” mode and press “ok”.
- Steam for 20-25 minutes or until just tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat Convection Steam Oven to “convection” mode 425°
- When beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into quarters. Toss beets in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to steam tray or baking dish and bake for 12-15 minutes until just crisp